Key resources, knowledge and know-how have provided CTL with the capabilities and skills to carry out testing for all types of test programmes.
- First Part Qualifications
- Design Allowable Campaigns
- Material Qualifications
- Process Control
- Research and Development
CTL test to all recognised international standards – EN, ASTM, ISO and SRM. Testing to OEM specific specifications such as BATS and AITM is also available. Below is a snapshot of the tests we perform
- Tension (OHT and FHT)
- Compression (OHC and FHC)
- In-Plane Shear
- V-Notch Shear
- TAI (including Impact and NDT)
- CAI (including Impact and NDT)
- Flexure (Monolithic and Sandwich)
- Flatwise Tension and Compression
- Climbing Drum Peel
- Lap Shear
Download a detailed brochure of CTL’s full testing capabilities and standards we test to.
CTL have gained vast experience in static testing across all test types. Our lab is equipped with machines that allow the most difficult and demanding tests, all operated by highly skilled technicians.
- Load Capacity up to 400kN
- Operating Range from -70°C to +200°C
- Biaxial Extensometers for strain measurement
- Strain Gauge data acquisition systems
- Drop Weight Impacting up to 80J
- Test Fixtures for various test types
Fatigue testing is a growing part of our business. CTL have made significant investments in its fatigue capabilities to meet this new demand.
- Five machines with load capacity up to 250kN
- Operating Range from -70°C to + 200°C
- Dynamic extensometers for strain measurement
- Compatibility with static test fixtures
Hot/wet environmental chambers allow CTL to condition specimens at 70°C/85%RH to saturation prior to mechanical testing.
The immersion of specimens in aggressive fluids (Jet Fuel / Skydrol / Oils / Solvents) is also possible using temperature controlled immersion baths.
Physical, Thermal and Microsection Testing
CTL offer a range of physical, thermal and microsection tests including
- Fibre Volume Fraction (Acid Digestion & Burn-off)
- Macro and Microsection Analysis
- Non-Destructive Testing: C-scan & A-scan
Sample preparation is vital for composites testing. CTL have extensive experience in all aspects of specimen preparation and machining including
- Final End-Machining
- Drilling and Assembly
- Strain Gauging
CTL in conjunction with its parent company, ÉireComposites Teo, can offer a unique One-Stop-Shop service for production and testing of composite test laminates.
- Autoclave and RTM processing of thermosets
- Unique IP and skills in thermoplastics